The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Sunday, December 10, 2006

You're my satellite.

On Friday, I played hookie from work for a few hours (don't worry, my boss knew) to go into Boston and check out a free show at the new Borders on Boylston St. - Guster. I got there an hour before they were scheduled to perform, and the place was already packed - mostly high schoolers skipping out on third period French class. They only played for a half hour, but it was fun. For their last song, "Jesus On the Radio," they decided to play somewhere other than their stage setup, and they played the song right in front of me. After their performance, they hung around to sign some autographs. I had them sign my CD to "Melissa Joe and Olivia." When I got up there, this was our conversation:

Ryan Miller: And who are these other people?

Me: That's my wife and four month old daughter.

Ryan and Joe Pisapia: Congratulations!

Me: My wife wanted to thank you guys for helping her get through her labor - we listened to your albums in the delivery room.

Joe P.: Didn't she get an epidural?

Me: Well, yeah, but the music helped, too!

Adam Gardner: How old is your daughter?

Me: Four-and-a-half months old.

Adam: Congrats! That's awesome.

That was it, really. Nothing to write home about, but they were really nice guys and I had a fun time. Here are some pics:





1 Comments:

  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I shall express my decade plus old affection for Guster as a polynomial equation:

    (Adam = X hot - Y beard) x (Ryan + soaring voice) x (Z Thundergod Lives!) + Joe / Big Friend x (Guster = love)

    Ha - no wonder I flunked algebra.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home