The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Beautiful baby.

I am so lucky.

Today was one of those awesome days - a Sunday where we had nothing to do but hang around, watch tv, and watch Olivia do her thing. And she had the most amazing day.

Yesterday, we kept her busy. We went to see Red and her parents, which was fun, but Olivia had her fussy moments. Melissa's parents, uncle and aunt came over at night, and Olivia was cute as usual, but was loud wanting her bottle. I was so exhausted myself after they left that I ended up passing out in bed early, and Melissa took the last bottle of the night duty.

But today, Olivia has been extra special cute. She woke up a little later than usual in her usual good mood. She napped a few times in both Melissa's and my arms. She was practicing her new sounds (which look and sound like she is blowing rasberries, and another where she sounds like she is saying "what?"). We would wrap her up in her blanket, cuddle her, and she would get so comfortable and fall right asleep. In fact, right now she is napping in her boppy right next to be, with her blanket keeping her warm.

I really do feel lucky. She is usually so well behaved for a baby, and loves to smile and open her mouth wide with excitement. She is interacting with her toys now. She grabs my fingers and even scratches my arm. She licks me goodbye every morning when I drop her off at her grandparents. She lifts her legs up on her changing table to help me change her diaper. She lets us sleep all night. And she can fall asleep in our arms, and wake up smiling at us.

This is just the beginning of a beautiful life for Olivia. She has amazing parents (if I do say so myself) and she will be spoiled (in a good way). She will get everything she needs in life, and we will always love her. And I don't think I will ever stop staring at her in disbelief that we could have produced such an amazing baby girl. She is perfect.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Red said…

    That's such a sweet picture and you ARE quite lucky, my friend. But I can't lie, my eyes went from her face to Melissa's products on the bureau in the background. I have a sickness!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Ahh, you were probably very disappointed then. All that's up there is Almay deodorant, C.O. Bigelow lemon lotion and Cetaphil moisturizer. Most of my products are stashed in my train case.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home