The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Friday, October 27, 2006

Coffee.



Most mornings before I get on the commuter rail train, I grab a cup of coffee at this place across the street. They actually have really good coffee there, and in my opinion it is even better than the famous Dunkin' Donuts as far as pure consistency goes. Sometimes a cup of DD coffee will be amazing, and sometimes it will disappoint. On the train this morning, while sipping my delicious coffee and trying to read the Metro, I was thinking about the other places I've gotten coffee from before. I will try to think back to some good, and bad, cups I've had in the past.

I probably had my first cup at this diner/restaurant in Brooklyn, near the first crappy apartment that I lived in with my family. I used to always get french toast (with a side of toast)and a chocolate egg cream, but one day I finally made the switch to coffee. It was good there.

There's this other diner on 18th Avenue in Brooklyn that I would go with my dad to for breakfast (and we still go there whenever I visit). Their coffee there is amazing - there really is nothing better than good diner coffee, and that was some of the best.

And continuing on the diner kick, Ralph and I got some good cups of coffee at the Washington Square Restaurant in Manhattan. Maybe it was better because Ralph kept going nuts about getting free refills, although most diners do that anyway.

The Comfort Diner coffee - yum. But so is everything at that place.

When I used to go to school and work in the city, there would be these little street vendors where you can get a cup of coffee and a bagel with cream cheese for $1.25. The coffee there was always really sweet, but I enjoyed it. Except for when there would be a big lump of sugar at the bottom of the cup.

In Massachusetts, the coffee at Friendly's is ok, but it gets cold when they leave the pitcher on the table. Besides that, there aren't a lot of really good diners to talk about. There were a couple in Watertown with decent coffee (and decent food), but we didn't get to go to those all that often (mostly when my dad would come to visit). There is one little diner around where we live now, but I've only gone there, again, when my dad came to visit. Decent coffee there.

I always prefer Dunkin' Donuts coffee to Starbucks. I do like the Caramel Macchiato at Starbucks, but extra caramel is not a good idea.

There's this little place on my way to work in Cambridge, and after a few times, I finally stopped getting their coffee - it was really bitter. Probably one of the worst, if not the worst, cups of coffee I've ever had.

Coffee you can get at work - always tastes too bitter to me. I always prefer making hot chocolate. But they do have this Milky Way coffee/coco here at work that I love.

And of course, I can never make a good enough cup of coffee at home. We would get a really good coffee maker, but it would either come out too light or too bitter.

Ok, now I will go make myself one of those Milky Way coffees. Happy Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home