The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Did you turn back the clock? Father Time will remind you...

Saturday night was Red's spooky Halloween party, and a good time was had by all. There was a haunted house where we had to find the "treat" and I was scared by a demon in the shower and Kate and Steve with their spooky sounds. Lots of good conversation and weird beer, and delicious cookies.

My costume was Father Time. This was the result of an inside joke at work... well, not much of a joke, really. I can explain...

Today there is a Halloween party at work. Now since I deal mostly with invoices here, I also deal with people's billable hours, meaning I deal with their timesheets (a lot of dealing going on, I suppose). Employees have to go through this whole process to correct something on their timesheet from previous weeks... they have to send an e-mail to this NY e-mail account that was set up under the name "Father Time" and explain why the timesheet needs to be reopened. Sometimes Father Time will ask for more details, sometimes this person will take awhile to respond. Since this whole "Father Time" thing just became an issue a few months ago, and someone here planted the idea in my head, I managed to put together a costume that consists of a black robe, a top hat, a white beard, a cane (a pimp cane, to be exact), and a clock that Melissa rigged up so that I can wear it around my neck. It got a good response at Red's party, so hopefully it will get a good response at the party today. And the best costume gets a $50 check card!

It also so happened that we had to turn the clocks back for Daylight Savings Time this weekend, so Father Time made sure to remind everyone about that. Today I will just remind everyone to make sure their timesheets are in, otherwise Father Time will haunt them and beat them with my pimp stick.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Red said…

    I'm a little concerned that you really think there was a demon in my shower.

    Wait. Is there?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home