The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Indecision 2006.

We should all stop watching "real" coverage of elections and tune into Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert. At least then you'll really know what is going on.

Decisions, decisions:


Decision #1: Deval Patrick is the new governor of Massachusetts. Good for him. Better than Kerry Healey.


Decision #2: A "no" vote, not letting supermarkets and convenience stores sell alcohol. The only good point I heard about this was that if supermarkets could sell liquor, all of the small liquor stores would basically be out of business, because there is no way they could compete with a Wal-Mart. I still voted yes, because a person has a right to buy what they want where they want. Except guns. Or weed.

Speaking of weed, I read a story in the newspaper this morning where some cops found weed in their burgers at a Burger King. I wonder how much flavor that would add to it... I also wonder if it would make you think you were actually consuming real beef.


Decision #3: Britney Spears filed for divorce from K-Fed. It was only a matter of time, right? I've been waiting for this day. Not that I care, really, but I love when celebs marry idiots and then it "surprisingly" doesn't work out. Reese and Ryan - I thought they would make it. J-Lo and Marc Anthony - still awaiting the word.


Decision #4: More people saw "Borat" than any other movie this week. I totally want to see it.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Red said…

    The thing that I thought was funny about question 1 (alcohol in grocery stores, for all your out-of-staters) was the blatant pandering on the side of voting no... that ad with the grandfather of a girl who was killed by a drunk driver, who actually said something to the effect of, "I don't know if allowing grocery stores to sell alcohol will cause more drunk driving deaths, but there are people that they think it will, and that's reason enough for me." !!! Nice research to back that up. I know their reasons were well-intentioned, but God, at least make an argument based on facts and not an irrelevant tragedy.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Red said…

    Holla back someone! That comment took effort!

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    No one wants to show the love.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home