The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Saturday, January 15, 2005

My name is Joe... and I'm not an alcoholic.

Hi Joe!

Tonight I went to my first AA meeting. My friend C has been in the program for one year now, so tonight was a special night for him there. It was actually pretty cool there... hearing people's stories, how everyone knows each other, how there's a special bond between everyone because everyone there has basically been through the same problems. And everyone there smokes and drinks Dunkin' Donuts coffee. It was pretty emotional, though.

So how do I follow going to AA? Going to a party tomorrow to drink. BG, my friend from school, is throwing a Pats-Colts party (they're playing each other tomorrow at 4 PM). Should be fun... a bunch of people from school with be there. What sucks, though, is that the Jets lost to the Steelers today, 20-17, in OT. They had TWO chances to win at the end of regulation, but Doug Brien missed two field goals. Just what I expected... the Jets blowing it when it counted the most. So I guess I'll be rooting for the Pats the rest of the way. And these are good people, so it'll be fun. I've really gotten to know my friends from school lately, and it's nice to have some more friends again. I had friends in high school, but I don't talk to many of them anymore (well, only H, and only sporatically). I made some friends in college, but I didn't keep in touch with any of those. I had a bunch of friends from camp, and I do keep in touch with Jack, who was a camper of mine and who I converted to the Pearl Jam religion. And JB, who I get in touch with at times. Then there was Ralph, my best friend, and he's gone. Before going back to school, all of my friends these days were Melissa's friends. So now I have some more friends that I have stuff in common (we're all going for our MBAs and we take the same classes). There's BG, who's really funny, and there's L, who I've gotten to know more recently and is just as wacky as anyone. There's S, J, D and BS. Good people.

We also now have to present part of a case in our technology class on Wednesday. So we'll have to find some time to stop bullshitting and procrastinating and get some real work done. I also have some homework to do, and I'm more than halfway done with it, but I have to pound out the rest and be done with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home