The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Lack of wisdom.

I just wrapped up a four-day weekend. Did I enjoy it? Well... considering that I spent most of it with a swollen jaw/cheek? It wasn't too bad.

Friday I finally had my wisdom teeth removed. It was a long time coming - they have been impacted and crowding my mouth for a long time. I was nervous going into it, and when I got in the chair, put on some Pearl Jam on my iPod, and it was all over in 20 minutes. I was a little wobbly after, but not too horrible. I spent the rest of the day relaxing and feeling sore. The rest of the weekend, I was sore on the left side of my mouth, where there was a little infection. The right side of my mouth felt great. I've had a lot of soup and soft foods, and I know it will take some getting used to eating without those teeth, but they won't be missed.

I took today off as a floater holiday (Patriots Day), which was good because the weather sucked. It was all rainy and windy all morning, and I only went out to do some food shopping with Olivia.

And speaking of Olivia, she has a new thing - whenever we put her down in her crib or pack n' play, she rolls right over, gets on her knees, makes it to the edge, and climbs up to standing and holds on to the edge. If she is in a good mood, she will bounce up and down and laugh; if she is in a bad mood, she will just stand there and scream/cry. Here is a picture of her standing in a good mood:

We did have a little trouble putting her to bed tonight - we'd put her down, and she would cry and get to the edge and stand. And cry some more. We would just have to let her cry it out, and eventually she fell asleep. When I went to check up on her, she was all curled up in the corner, so I straightened her out so she'd be more comfortable.

It's just a new phase for her - she is learning so much now and doing so many new things now. It is exciting to see - all of a sudden she can crawl really easily, walk when you hold her hands, pull up to standing. It won't be long before she takes off walking and calls out for mommy and daddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home