The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I'm thirty.

I haven't had any time to write in my blog for the past couple of days, but now I am going to take a much needed break from busy work and update this shit now.

So the weekend was fun. My dad came on Friday, and of course he had another ailment (this time, the gout in his foot). We were also cat-sitting Hunter, Chillier and Prof. K's really cute cat. And Jack was still here. It was busy, but it went great.

Friday, Melissa and I went with my dad to Red Sauce for some yummy Italian food. Saturday during the day, we went shopping... to Best Buy and Olympia Sports for my birthday presents (a new awesome digital camera, a new wireless card for my laptop, and a Tedy Bruschi jersey). Saturday night it was nine of us going to the Stockyard in Brighton. All the cool people were there... Chris, Red and Steve (Steve, yeah, Steve! I missed that guy so much!), Jack, Melissa's parents, my dad, and of course Melissa and me. I had a yummy steak and took some cool pictures of the gang. Jack made a nice toast for me calling me "the coolest old guy he knows."

Sunday wasn't too eventful... breakfast with my dad, Jack back to Syracuse, and dad back to NY. We still had the kitty, and I had to work on this paper due for Finance class (which is due today).

Monday was the big day. The big THREE-OH. 30. Didn't feel like anything different, you know? It was nice to be off from work for Presidents Day. It snowed, so I had to do a little shoveling. Bill and Jen came over to discuss our case write-up, and although we did put together some exhibits, it still sucked ass. And my sister called, surprisingly. It was an ok conversation... telling me about the baby and how the rest of the family are retarded. Gee, like I didn't know that?

So tonight is class... and I have to hand in this crappy Finance paper. Seriously, this is the worst paper I've ever written. I'm embarrassed by it. But you know what? I don't care. It's not really my fault... we haven't learned any of the techniques to figure out how to come up with any answers for the analysis, and it's not easy to just read and figure it out. So there was nothing I can do... and my group feels the same way. And hey, if we all do bad, we can't all possibly fail, can we?

And after class tonight, the rowdy gang and I are heading back to Our House (the scene of the crime from last time, aka quarters night) for a drink or two to celebrate my 30th. After classes tonight, we'll need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home