The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Unemployable.

Well, I am now unemployed... but I will be for only two days.

It's been one hell of a week... it was busy at work trying to wrap stuff up, and finally yesterday I was all done. The finance group took me out to lunch, and I got a card signed by a bunch of people with an AMEX gift card. And one of my co-workers made me an awesome baby hat with the Pearl Jam avocado album cover sewed on! So now I can finally move on from that place... after five years and seven months. It was a great feeling, and now everything will be different.

And how did I get to celebrate? By going to class. Argh. I am so done with school... but after last night, there is only six more nights to go. Six. And then it's over for good.

And I still can't get over the Pearl Jam shows. I downloaded both shows, and I got tons of amazing pictures. I also heard about the VH1 storytellers show they did last night... I heard it was great. Ed was taking questions from the crowd, and he explained some of their songs, like with "Alive" it was about a young boy (Ed) who didn't know his real father, and he felt that being alive was a curse. But the song became an anthem, and the fans changed the meaning and made it something positive. I can't wait to see this on VH1.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Effie said…

    Hey Joe,
    How's the first week at the new job going?

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    Effie, I will be writing all about it as soon as I have some time... it's been so busy lately!! But thanks for asking! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home