The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Friday, May 05, 2006

You'll see dragons after three or four, I said... YEAH!

Pearl Jam at the Ed Sullivan Theater setlist:

World Wide Suicide, Comatose, Severed Hand, Marker In The Sand, Gone, Unemployable, Present Tense, Do The Evolution, Why Go, Porch

Wow. I spent over eight hours on the Greyhound yesterday in total, waited on a line for about two and a half hours, and it was all worth it. Pearl Jam only played for about an hour, and I didn't get to meet them, but it was all worth it.

So I took the Greyhound at 9 AM, and got into NYC at about 1:30. I walked as fast as I could to the Roseland box office, where they were going to distribute the tickets, and there were only about 20 people there waiting around. Basically, Jack and I ended up being numbers 31 and 32 on the line in all. Jack came about a half hour after I got there, and we waited until 4:30 before they let us pick up the tickets and put us all on a line to go into the Ed Sullivan Theater. And the weather was awesome... about 80 degrees.

We then got escorted to wait on another line in the hall of the theater. What sucked is that when we got in there, there were already a bunch of people at the front of the line... VIP people. But when we got inside, we ended up being in the fourth row, center stage. Not complaining at all!

And then PJ got on... I couldn't believe how close we were to the band. It was amazing. The energy, everyone was going crazy, and the band was so on. Ed was so into it, and the new songs sounded amazing. Marker In The Sand... WOW. And the ending with Why Go and Porch was incredible.

They didn't come back to do any encore, but I did manage to get a Mike McCready guitar pick that he threw into the crowd. So we exited, hung out in the back, and saw the band members leave and jump into some vans... I didn't get to meet them, or get any autographs, but I got a couple of pictures (one really good one of Ed... I will post later).

After it all cleared out, Jack left and I still had time to kill (It was just after 7, and the next bus to Boston was at 9). So I walked through Times Square, got some popcorn at the popcorn store, got some Japanese fast food, and then got on the 9 PM bus back home. I ended up back at South Station at 1:10, and took a cab home.

And today, yes, I am tired. but the weather is nice again, and I can take it easy. And I got some kinda good news... the interview I had on Wednesday, they liked me and want me to come back for a second interview. A good sign...


Post a Comment

<< Home