The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I have tasted a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

I never thought that my last post would cause such an uproar. Finally, some excitement. And I barely said anything!

Anyways, this is the update: I had another interview today, at another law firm, for a financial analyst position. It was ok... probably wasn't the best position for me, but I will see what happens. The law firm is good, it's close to Quincy Market, and it would be an improvement from my current shitty job. I did my best, even though some of my answers probably weren't the best (the guy asked me some stuff i didn't really understand that much). So yes, we will see what happens.

And I still haven't heard back from last week's firm. Argh.

As for what is going on besides the job search, here is the good stuff:

One more night of class for this semester (no class next week, for Patriots Day, so it's the following week). We finished our big real estate paper and presentation, and I felt it went well.

Today's weather was awesome.

Dane Cook on Saturday. And on the DVR that night: Saturday Night Live, featuring musical guest PEARL JAM.

Speaking of PJ, my friend got me the new album. The quality isn't great, but it's still all there. And I am being honest... this album kicks ass. There is not a bad song on the album. "Inside Job" sounds like it could have been on Vitalogy. Here's what I think of each track:

Life Wasted: This song rocks. I think it's gonna be the second single.
World Wide Suicide: Good song. This song grew on me the more I listened to it.
Comatose: Another cool song. Reminds me of "Brain of J" off of Yield.
Severed Hand: I love love love this song.
Marker In the Sand: Love it. Good singalong.
Parachutes: Beatles sound.
Unemployable: Great song. Matt Cameron writes awesome songs.
Big Wave: Fast song. Cool.
Gone: I heard the live version before, and I love this version much better.
Wasted Reprise: A 50 second, slow version of Life Wasted. You'd think it was just filler, but I really liked it.
Army Reserve: Cool sound to this one.
Come Back: A sweet, slow song.
Inside Job: Like I said, this could have been on Vitalogy. Reminds me a little of Immortality.

Ahh. I love when the weather is nice and there is new Pearl Jam to get into.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Effie said…

    Wow Joe, when did you get so controversial?! I love how a post stating "I love this CD and the weather" is now the catalyst for a shit storm of comments.

    Keep 'em rolling!

    P.S. Hup Rules!

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Red said…

    Grrr. I guess ignorance is bliss.

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    Can't we all just get along? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home