The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Mercy mercy me.

What a crappy softball game last night.

We lost, 20-7. The game ended after 6 because of the mercy rule. Our regular starting pitcher was not able to play last night, so our coach got this other girl to pitch (she's never pitched before). She gave up 9 runs in the first inning. I was available to pitch, but the coach wanted me in the field for my defense. The girl did an admirable job pitching, but she did walk a lot of people, and some of the hard shots the other team hit off her were pitches that had no arc at all. I really wanted to step in there, but I'm not going to argue with the decisions. I played first base flawlessly, and went 1 for 2. Melissa played, going 1 for 1 with a sweet RBI single and a sacrifice for another RBI. But our defense was bad. And the ump was being bitchy, calling balls as strikes and making some bad calls in the field (we knew she just wanted this game to end and go home). It's just a shame that we were in the playoffs, and all was riding on this girl who never pitched before when at least I had some experience.

But that's ok... the season is over, and it was still fun.

Tonight will be a fun evening... I get to fire up the grill and cook some stuff on it for the first time. Ahhhhh. We will probably fire it up again on Sunday, so whoever reads this, if you wanna come by for some cookout food, you're invited.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Red said…

    Sunday? I could be up for that. Wait, what if I was a total stranger? Be careful, Super Papa!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home