The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Ugh work.

When one goes on vacation, even for just a few days, why does one eventually have to go BACK to work?

I enjoyed my days off on Thursday and Friday. But ever since I got back yesterday, up until right now, it has been non-stop work. I haven't had any mini breaks that I usually have during the day, in which I can go online, play with my fantasy sports teams, read up on my ESPN news and do whatever. But this is really the first time I have stopped what I was doing to catch my breath. My email inbox, when I got into work yesterday, had about 60 emails, 45 of which were new. I managed to get my inbox down to 14 emails. This is definitely the worst thing about going on vacation: coming back.

But I have to say, I am now obsessed with quoting Dane. I do it whenever an opportunity approaches. I have Dane quotes in my head all day. "Wrangler jeans and jellies!" "Start your day off the holy way, with Christ Chex!" Ugh, I need professional help.

There are a few things to look forward to - tomorrow night Melissa and I are going to see Henry Rollins do his spoken word thing. And Saturday is the Judy and Chris post-wedding celebration. Should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home