The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Part 1: the bad news.

Ok, this entry will be the bad one with bad news. The next one will be the good one with good news.

So this might be bad news now, but ultimately, I know this will end up being very good news for me...

The work situation here has finally been all cleared up. And the verdict: I have to look for a new job, pronto.

They fucked me over here big time. My boss came in to my office on Monday at 4 PM, saying that the main reason was that they did not think my heart would be into the job that much, that I really want to get out of billing, and that I just want this position because it's there and I can get some managerial experience. That is pretty much true, but that's besides the point... it should have been my decision to make. After everything I have done at this company, and putting up with my old manager and then basically running the show while she has been out on two maternity leaves these past two years... and they thank me by not giving me the job I deserve.

That was one slap in the face. The other: of all the people they could have hired, they had to hire L.

Do they not care that she is my "friend" and if I did stick around, it wouldn't be awkward? I argued with my boss that she does not have more experience than me and she is not more qualified, and it is weird that they are hiring her. Does he care? He just shrugs it off.

So my only option right now is to get out of here as soon as possible. I have already spoken to some recruiters and they are going to start working on stuff for me. I have never been so motivated in my life.

Then, Monday evening I had class. And Lauren was in one of them. When I saw her, I said to her, "congratulations, but this is all bullshit." That's all I said to her. Then she tries to tell me about some job she saw posted online somewhere, and I am thinking, to quote Jack Bauer, "thanks, but I can find my own fucking job."

I know this will end up being the best thing for me. I am so done with this place and I am done with most of the people who I have to work with. If they want some new blood in this position, then it will be great for me to have a change of scenery. And let them deal with having two new people who have no idea... and in a matter of months I won't even think about this place anymore.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home