The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Employable.

Four days into the new job, and I am liking it there.

There is a lot of work to do. I am learning the system, and trying to put all the faces to names as I walk around the office. But my new boss is really nice, and I really feel that I will have a lot of freedom to grow in this position and do a lot of good things. I've already seen some issues that we are having... the people in the NY office that we have to deal with are not that great, and it's gonna be fun turning things around. I've sat in on conference calls, and I am copied on about 100 emails a day.

I am also about a five minute walk away from the Cambridgeside Galleria. And on my third day of work, they ordered pizza for the whole company because it was raining.

There is also free microwave popcorn in the kitchen. And lots of coffee flavor choices, including a Milky Way flavor.

The worst thing? The commute so far. I hate hate hate the Watertown bus to Harvard Square. For example, this morning I just missed the bus. Then I had to wait for 20 minutes for the next one. When it finally came, two buses came together. After i got on, we passed another two that were back-to-back heading to Watertown. And when I finally get to Harvard Square, I always seem to just miss the red line to Kendall ... it actually happened three of the four mornings heading to work. At least I will only be doing this for another week.

So yeah... it's June, and it's gonna be so f'ing busy. The new job has kept me busy, and all of a sudden, there are only four more nights of class. And next week we're moving to our new house, and it also seems that we finally sold our Watertown condo, after lots and lots of stress and BS.

And then when all of this stuff is done, all that will be left is the baby... it's coming quickly!!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger Effie said…

    Yeah, once the baby comes, you'll have noooooo more stress. :P

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Red said…

    Wait. Free microwave popcorn?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home