The Flux Capacitor

Hop on board - you don't even need 1.21 gigawats or a room at Biff's Pleasure Paradise to join in on the fun!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Worst date ever.

Well, class sucked last night. I won't get into that... not really worth it.

I've been asked to write about my worst date. Now it's not like I've gone on a million dates in my life, and I had to think back and think hard of a bad one. But I remember something... some of the details might be a little fuzzy, but it was bad. And kinda funny.

I don't remember the exact year... all I remember is that I was in college, early 20s, and I had just discovered the internet. I was stupid back then... it was always so hard to talk to girls or whatever, and the internet was an easy way to talk to whoever. I remember when I showed Ralph that stuff he was so addicted. During the break in between school and summer camp, Ralph would come to me to the college computer lab and chat all day. Anyways...

So one day I was chatting with some girl from Staten Island. I don't even remember her real name... all I remember is that her online name was "Nemchinov," which was the name of a hockey player on the Rangers. The first day I chatted with her, we decided to meet up that evening, in Staten Island. I was cool with it because what did I have to lose? Not much, except my time. I called my friend Herb beforehand to tell him what I was doing, and he said to call him if it was going good or bad.

So I got on the SI Ferry and went to meet up with "Nemchinov." When I got there, I recognized her, and immediately I felt like walking back the other way and back on the ferry to Manhattan. As Dane Cook might say, this girl was "shapes" and she was wearing these white Mickey Mouse sneakers. But I was a trooper, and I went up to her and off we went. I got her in car, which was a total mess and smelled like old nasty McDonald's. I felt uncomfortable the whole time, and she didn't really have anything good or cool to say, but I continued to act nice towards her. We went to some billiards hall to play pool, and while we were there, I gave Herb a call to say hey and to hint to him that he needed to come and save me. So Herb came by, we all hung out for a little bit, and then I said my goodbyes to this girl and Herb and I left. Herb just kept laughing the whole time, and I was just thankful to get away.

I never spoke to her again.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Red said…

    I was hoping this might be an opportunity to hear about the girl from camp who inspired a mix tape containing Winds of Change. I'm deeply disappointed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home